Xcel Energy Audit Golden Energy Audit Denver
Are you interested in an energy audit in Golden Colorado or nearby areas? You’ve come to the right place.
Why do Colorado homeowners trust Efficiency Revolution for their energy audits?
- We offer expert advice from trusted energy auditors with experience in thousands of Colorado homes.
- Colorado energy audit customers can reduce energy bills by 10-20%* or more after making improvements, and their homes become more comfortable.
- Xcel Energy gives Colorado energy audit customers up to a $200 energy audit rebate. We give you an instant credit so you don’t have to wait for it! There’s also a $150 federal tax credit!
- We take care of the Xcel Energy audit rebate paperwork.
- Utility companies like Xcel Energy offer rebates for insulation, air leak sealing, and other efficiency improvements. We’ll tell you about them during the energy audit.
- Improving efficiency helps our environment by reducing pollution.
What is an Energy Audit? An energy audit is an evaluation of all of the components of your building which use energy, with a prioritized description of upgrade options and expected benefits.
What is not included in the Energy Audit? The energy audit does NOT determine whether or not your electric meter is faulty; faulty electric meters are rare. We do check for visible evidence of high electricity use appliances and lighting during the energy audit, but we do NOT measure electricity use at the electric panel. We can usually spot causes of high electricity bills during our energy audit. Installation of electricity monitors may be available for an additional charge, depending on technician availability and the configuration of your panel(s).
We will inspect the following areas during your energy audit:
- Air-tightness measurement with a “blower door” test.
- An infrared camera inspection enables us to pinpoint air leaks and missing insulation.
- Combustion safety testing of your heating system and/or water heater. We measure carbon monoxide in the exhaust, determine whether exhaust is spilling into your home, and check for natural gas leaks.
- Insulation levels in walls, ceilings, basement and/or crawl space
- Windows and doors
- Heating and cooling system
- Water heater
- You’ll get an energy audit report which describes what we find, with infrared pictures and tips on how to make your building more comfortable and efficient. Each house is different, so an energy audit is a great way to find out which improvements make the most sense.
How much does an energy audit cost? After the $200 Xcel energy audit rebate** is applied, $195 to $295 is typical, depending on home size and location. Smaller homes may be less, and large homes a bit more. Add $200 if the home does not use Xcel Energy for the primary heating fuel source, as these homes won’t qualify for rebates. Also, there is a $150 tax credit starting with the 2023 tax year, so you can claim the tax credit when you file 2023 taxes in 2024.
How long does it take to do an energy audit? An energy audit typically takes two to three hours, but large homes may take longer.
Call us today at (303) 868-6653 to learn more or schedule an appointment.
*Your results will vary depending on the types of improvements made. Source: http://www.energystar.gov/ia/home_improvement/HPwES_Utility_Intro_FactSheet.pdf
**Rebate is 60% up to $200 for infrared + blower door energy audit. Rebates are not available for multi-family buildings with more than four units. For example, a townhome or apartment building with 5 units or more in the building does not qualify for rebates.